Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Is this a good Geography Personal Statement for University?

Hi there i'm just wondering is this a good personal statement for university in order to study Geography, thanks :)



Being interested in the world and it's numerous issues has always been part of who I am, I don't know where I鈥檇 be if I never came across them. I've been lucky enough to study the subject of Geography. I believe it's that exact subject of which has given me these thoughts and feelings towards our planet. Learning about the world, the social, economic and environmental issues it has, it's structural design and the wars people have over it's valuable resources is what makes me get out of bed in the morning and want to learn more, it's what motivates me. Being able to see all these elements before my time is up on this planet is my dream. I have found Geography fascinating for as long as I can remember. When I was young, I would always be the one in the car reading the road map, making sure that my dad was travelling in the correct direction to get us where we wanted to be. Despite travelling being important to me, it's the assisting of others that I am more focused on. Those who wake up, day after day with nothing to look forward to, nothing to aim for and no career path to submerge themselves into. To alter this requires a high level of knowledge. The knowledge to develop, to improve, to understand how these people are feeling and what fears they have. This is why I aim to study Geography at University.

Taking a gap year seemed like the most sensible thing to do after completing my A Level studies at Bilborough College. During that time I have tried to find my true self, tried to listen to my heart, follow it in every decision I have made and let it lead me on to opportunities I never thought I was capable of taking. Assisting a charity isn't on everybody's agenda, but I鈥檓 not everybody, like I have said, I have an aim of improving life for others and making a difference to the world. By working for Save the Children, I believe this was a good place to start. Doing such work showed me that people were more generous then what I first thought, I didn't think there were people like me in the world. I believe university will give me the opportunity to meet more people similar to myself. I have continued my helping nature to this day by participating in voluntary work for Oxfam. I enjoy voluntary work a lot, It gives me a sense of pride. Many people say that doing voluntary work is working for nothing, I鈥檇 disagree. I believe it's working to make a difference and to me that is another step forward to what I want to achieve.

I tend to consume my spare time wisely, as time is a valuable resource. I enjoy doing research, looking up factual information and trying to develop my knowledge. Music is also important to me, it's what gets me in the correct mindset to continue and achieve, each new song I discover is like another piece of the jigsaw to success. Despite not being a natural at sport myself, I do enjoy keeping informed with the latest football news and I tend to watch all the major sporting events. Knowing what is occurring in my local constituency is also important to me. I believe it allows us to be more prepared and more understanding of where we live. So why should I be chosen to be accepted into your university? I鈥檒l explain.

I want to bring something special to your university, a positive input, an individual who smiles when they turn up to lecture, looking forward to their next dose of the subject. Somebody who is outgoing, friendly and polite with a 'can-do' attitude. An individual who drains the last drop out of everything they face and turns it into something unique. Not just a student but an individual striving to succeed in order to do all the things I have mentioned. When I've made everybody else happy, that is when I will be fulfilled and know that I have achieved something quite remarkable.Is this a good Geography Personal Statement for University?
hey :)

i answered because i love to read lol and you wrote a lot which i like :)

but i think personally it sounds very good and very well put
i like the last part where you said you want to bring something special and things you added to that part
you sound very motivated and positive which is GREAT


good luck sweetie :)
and again i like it!!! i really do

No comments:

Post a Comment