Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Question for anyone who went to secondary school for music-related studies?

Hello,

I just want to know what music is like in university or college. If you've been in any music performance, theory, production, etc. programs please just tell me anything about it. What was it like? What were the people like? Was it worth it? Did you enjoy it? Was it terrifying? What are you doing now, are you happy?

I really want to go to school for music performance or production. My main instrument would be vocals but I play others. I don't want to pursue a career in music for fame or money. I just need to at least try to go to school for music because music is everything to me and I'm interested in exploring it in every way possible.

I have terrible performance nerves, but I'm working on that with my vocals teacher. I don't want that to stop me although performing is terrifying for me.

I admit, one of my biggest concerns that almost holds me back is that even if I did get into a music program, I'd be surrounded by tons of other talented musicians. Of course that would be cool, but it's also scary for me because I know I will compare myself and feel like I'm not as good. I know how I am, and I will become discouraged and extremely self-concious. I really don't want that to happen, but I know that's a pathetic reason not to try. Did anyone else have this concern?

Thanks for your help :)Question for anyone who went to secondary school for music-related studies?
HAHAHAAHAHA I LAUGH AT YOUR POOR EDUCATION CHOICE, FOR YOU SHALL NOT GET A JOB WITH A DEGREE IN TOM FOOLERY AKA MUSIC

No comments:

Post a Comment