Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is a good argument i can make about art that was made by people that were on drugs at the time?

I'm doing a research paper, and long story short, i'm in way too deep to change my topic haha. But i realized how hard the topic i chose is, and i'm looking for a thesis statement, or any ideas of an angle i can take on how drugs could have positively/negatively affected the art that was done by them. Specifically literature and music. I'm good with ideas of writers and musicians, i just don't know what to argue. Maybe something about how people are more likely to respect the art if they know that the artist was on drugs when making it? or the other way around? Or something about the respect level that the art itself gets by society, and the popularity it gets. HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEEEEWhat is a good argument i can make about art that was made by people that were on drugs at the time?
I don't think I can help much, but I heard that the guy who wrote "Alice in Wonderland" had a trip while writing it. Also, the song "Blackhole Sun" by Soundgarden was supposedly written while on drugs. You should research on both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment